Saturday, July 26, 2008

Well, another sleepless night for me.
It keeps running through my head about Dad and Mom and what she will do if something happens to him. I am a mom, and when my kids hurt, I want to pull them close and take thier pain away. I never knew I would feel that way for my parents too. It is funny as we get older, we are no longer our parents "kids", but thier protectors and thier strongest support. We are, in a sense, giving back what they have given us. We have done what we can do get the VA to pay for Dad a visit here in SLC to get a 2nd opinion at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. They say they cannot pay, even with a referral from his current doctors. I think that that man, (My Dad), has served twice in Vietnam and the VA offers him band aids to cover the cancer. That what if feels like to me. Don't we owe them so much more? We are here because they fought for us and our country. And we thank them by giving them band aids. I seem to be rambling, but I suppose that is what a blog is for. Take care all, have a happy weekend!

No comments: