Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dad


As most of you know, Dad was diagnosed with Emphysemia and COPD in August of 2004. He then was diagnosed with lung cancer a year later. He had the lower lobe of his right lung removed in April of 2007. He was then cancer free but in so much pain. Last week we learned that the cancer is back and has spreda to some lymph nodes in his neck area, since lymph nodes are connected by a highway of nerves, I am thinking it could be elsewhere as well. They have told us he is not a candidate for surgery as he would not survive. He was given the option of radioactive therapy. He is pondering this one over as he is tired of being sick and in pain. I love my Dad, and am beside him no matter his choice. I know that he is tired, and I want him to be okay again.

No comments: